PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is an integrated methodology for effective project management, it focuses strongly on the practical relevance in every detail. Due to it's generic approach concentrating exclusively on the management aspects of projects it is used for all types of projects in all industries.
PRINCE2 is supposed to be the most popular project management methodology worldwirde - in more that 150 countries, with trainings in currently 14 languages and with more than 1.000.000 certified experts.
When using PRINCE2 you will ...
- ... spare time and costs, as PRINCE2 is well developed and tested worldwide: roles, processes and all relevant tools are prepared, even templates for the documents are in place.
- ... will ensure that all your projects will reallly support the strategy of your organisation, because governance and controllability in dynamic environments are the distinct strenghts of PRINCE2.
- ... stay flexible, as with PRINCE2 you are able to continue using your established techniques and specialist methods. PRINCE2 sets the framework for bringing together single methods into consistent projects.
- ... be safe, because PRINCE2 is qauality assured: Only accredited training organisations may offer trainings and organise certifications. The training organisations and their trainers will be checked once a year.
PRINCE2 differentiates from other approaches
- In distinction to PMI PRINCE2 does not care about any detail one might possibly consider regarding project management. PRINCE2 gives a clear guideline on „how to do it". So PRINCE2 is by far slimer, clearer, and quicker implementable.
- The core of IPMA is a standard for skills of project managers. So it complements PRINCE2 wich focuses on how to co-ordinate all the roles in a project to be successful.
- One of the big advantages of PRINCE2 is it's good compatibility with approaches like AGILE, respective SCRUM, or the Bodies of Knowledge of IPMA and PMI.
The Costs of PRINCE2
- Applying PRINCE2 as an individual or organisation is free of charge or licenses.
- As PRINCE2 is focused and lean to such extent you will only need two qualification levels to be able to manage a PRINCE2 project efficiently.